Shel Isreal has asked Facebook about their numbers, since there seems to have been much speculation on the net:
- Over 150,000 registrants daily. That’s 1 million a week since January.
- 35 million users today. Of course that number will be off a million one week from today.
- Half user are outside college. That number was zero in Sept. 2006.
- 0ver 40 billion page views in May 2007
- Average visitor stays 20 minutes
- Most growth is among people over age 25.
- 47,000 Facebook groups.
- #1 photo sharing app on the web. 2.7 billion photos on site.
- More than 2000 applications. The Top 10 are: Top Friends, Video, Graffiti, MyQuestions, iLike, FreeGifts, X Me, Superpoke!, Fortune Cookie & Horoscopes. The smallest of these has over 4.5 million users.
The figures were posted on the 14th of August, so with these growth rates, Facebook should have 36 to 37 million by now.